I am a mediator, pastor, husband and father who enjoys helping others and growing in my personal life and relationships. My hobbies include hiking, fishing and reading.
I am an experienced mediator including cases involving marriage, family, church, organizational and business conflicts. With more than 30 years of pastoral experience, I bring a level of care to the process that helps to promote relational healing even in the heart of disagreement.
I am a Certified Christian Conciliator with the Institute of Christian Conciliation and a Board Certified Pastoral Counselor with the International Board of Christian Counselors. I also serve on the Board of Directors of the Association of Missouri Mediators.
Please visit my blog on this website where I will share insights and observations about conflict resolution, faith, life and relationships.
- B.A. in Pastoral Ministries from Taylor University-Fort Wayne, Fort Wayne Indiana, 1987
- M.Div. from Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis MO, 1998
- Mediation Training, Peacemaker Ministries, 2004
- Conflict Coaching Training, Peacemaker Ministries, 2005
- Reconciling Marital Conflict, Peacemaker Ministries, 2007
- Reconciling Church Conflict, Peacemaker Ministries, 2009
- Completed 40 hours of family and civil mediation training pursuant to Missouri Supreme Court Rules 17 and 88 (2011)
Workshops and Conferences
I have led workshops and taught at conferences dealing with issues such as:
- Forgiveness in the Mediation Process
- Understanding Interests
- Biblical Conflict Resolution
- Mediating the Hopelessly Broken Marriage
- Clergy Misconduct
- Mediating Relational Issues in Marriage
- Biblical Roots of Confession
- Dealing with Conflict Constructively
- Conflict Coaching and Mediation Training
- Grief in the Mediation Process